Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

PCOS, sperm count

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
hello doctor i am 31 years old and married and have no child we are tryng for last one year, my wife have pcos and i have a small tests and sperm count of 5million which doctor i have to consult
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

The sperm count is low in your case.As you said you have a small testis,you need some examination and evaluation done for this.

The best option for you would be to visit an XXXXXXX / Urologist in your city. Urologist, after examination may order for some investigation like ultrasound to look for the exact size of testis and presence of any other problem. A hormonal profile is also important.

Your wife is also having PCOS,this also needs treatment. Please take her to a Gynecologist for proper treatment. PCOS can very well be treated effectively. There is no reason for concern.

Both you and your wife needs treatment, then only your wife can get pregnant.

Please take treatment as advised and there are bright chances of child for you.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: PCOS, sperm count 2 hours later
My ultrasonography - scrotum with doppler study results shows,
Bi lateral varicocele, grade 3 left side and grade 2 right side.
Small both testes
Mild left hydrocele.
And I have type 2 there any relation between sperm count and
Weather the hydrocele affect sperm count.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, diabetes has to be under control for good semen quality.

You are having bilateral varicocele, you need to get treatment for this. In normal case surgery is required. Please get in touch with Urologist as advised and take treatment for this.

All the local conditions of varicocele and hydrocele can affect sperm count.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor