PCOS, sperm count

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Question: hello doctor i am 31 years old and married and have no child we are tryng for last one year, my wife have pcos and i have a small tests and sperm count of 5million which doctor i have to consult
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

The sperm count is low in your case.As you said you have a small testis,you need some examination and evaluation done for this.

The best option for you would be to visit an XXXXXXX / Urologist in your city. Urologist, after examination may order for some investigation like ultrasound to look for the exact size of testis and presence of any other problem. A hormonal profile is also important.

Your wife is also having PCOS,this also needs treatment. Please take her to a Gynecologist for proper treatment. PCOS can very well be treated effectively. There is no reason for concern.

Both you and your wife needs treatment, then only your wife can get pregnant.

Please take treatment as advised and there are bright chances of child for you.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.

Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later
My ultrasonography - scrotum with doppler study results shows,
Bi lateral varicocele, grade 3 left side and grade 2 right side.
Small both testes
Mild left hydrocele.
And I have type 2 diabetics.is there any relation between sperm count and
Dibetics.
Weather the hydrocele affect sperm count.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, diabetes has to be under control for good semen quality.

You are having bilateral varicocele, you need to get treatment for this. In normal case surgery is required. Please get in touch with Urologist as advised and take treatment for this.

All the local conditions of varicocele and hydrocele can affect sperm count.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.

Regards.