Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Overweight,stress.Treatment for fat removal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
I have a fat in my belly because of prolonged stress. So wat is the proper treatment to remove total fat. Belly fat is dangerous?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Fat deposition is definitely XXXXXXX It can lead to many conditions that could be harmful to your health in the future. It can also lead to high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes and cardiac disease.

You need to monitor your weight regularly,and reduce it if you are over weight.

Strict diet and exercise regimen will definitely help you to reduce weight.

A more permanent method of fat reduction is by liposuction but includes other surgical risks.

As you are only 30 yrs, I suggest the standard recommendation of diet and exercise to loose weight. Surgery is only the last resort.

Hope my answer is adequate and useful to you. Should you have any more concerns, I will be available to address them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Overweight,stress.Treatment for fat removal? 9 hours later
Can I consult a psychologist, bcoz stress is a part of my life and its difficult to manage. My weight is 70kg and height is 5.8. Fat is depositing on belly and thighs. Wat type of exsercise is helpful for me? I done FBS, LFT, Thyroid profile, lipid profile, TMT, ECG tests, all r normal range. Is there is no medicines to remove fat from body?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for the follow up.

There is no medicine to remove fat from the body, at least nothing effective. But if all your test are normal, then you should be fine.

Also I think 70kg is adequate weight for your height. You need to monitor your BMI(body mass index).

Yes, of course a psychologist can help you to deal with your stress and that itself will have a better effect on your body. You should consult a professional trainer to help in physical therapy. There are diet and exercise charts made especially for you to deal with your problem areas in fitness centres.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor