On oxycodone and Hydrocodone. Have major pain stressors. Quit morphine and had withdrawal symptoms. Should I get the pain stressors handled?
reassess the pain and use opana at lowest dose
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
It is painful to know that you have such pain stressors as to need years of opioid support.
Actually the drugs you are using, Morphine, Hydrocodone, oxycodone or the proposed one the Oxymorphone all are opioid class drugs of high potency.
They should be used for moderate to severe pain relief. Efficacy and side effect profile is almost the same.
Dose and modes of delivery differ.
They tend to cause dependence and waning of efficacy over time and withdrawal has to be slow otherwise severe life threatening symptoms may develop. The withdrawal has to be done under the supervision of a local expert physician.
You should get additional drugs like paracetamol or amitryptiline especially effective if there is neuropathic pain.
These drugs have opioid sparing potential.
Optionally you can try Fentanil skin patch also which is 100times potent than morphine and is easy to use and relatively safe.
Opana is also an opioid an hence stopping will cause withdrawal symptoms.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Withdrawal symptoms of oxycodone percocet
- Pain pill withdrawal symptoms hallucina
- Help with withdrawal symptoms oxycodone
- Oxycontin withdrawal symptoms oxycodone
- Oxycodone withdrawal symptoms how long
- Oxycodone withdrawal symptoms length
- Taking pain pills have withdrawal symptoms what should i do
- Oxycodone withdrawal symptoms
- Oxycodone withdrawal symptoms side effects
- Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms
- Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling....
- Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have...
- Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen...
- Tiny itchy bumps that blanch when pressed randomly appeared on arms,...
- Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said...
- Having severe back pain while sleeping. History of bladder and kidney...
- Bruise on back that pained. Pleurisy? Why did my nasal cavity start to...
- Jaw pain, bruises, lump under left jaw, stuffiness, facial pressure....
- Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What...
- Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?