Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

On Saturday, I started getting pains in my upper right

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9447 Questions
On Saturday, I started getting pains in my upper right abdomen. The pains weren't so severe at first, but by Monday evening, I had nausea. I started vomiting by Tuesday as the pain got more severe, and by today, I went to the doctor, where they diagnosed me with strep. However, the doctor didn't really do much to see why I had upper right abdomen pains, and I'm terrified to eat, drink, or take my medicines, right now. What should I do?
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consider gallbladder attack

Detailed Answer:

Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.
It may indicate gallbladder attack, and I am not sure if this is strep.

In acute phase, you need to take spasmolytics, avoid fatty food and rest. In case of progressive pain or fever go to ER. You should do abdominal ultrasound to check for gallbladder stones.

You need to change your dietary habits first. Need to avoid fried food, carbonated drinks, coffee, alcohol and spicy food.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: On Saturday, I started getting pains in my upper right 42 minutes later
How could it be gallbladder if I don't have a gallbladder anymore? And are you saying that my strep test is wrong?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Well, strep may be coincidental finding and strep is usually associated with lower abdominal pain. Second, if you don't have gallbladder then it may be related to pancreas or liver. Pancreatitis or hepatitis may have such symptoms so I suggest do ultrasound and check liver markers. Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor