Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Noticed fatty deposits building in testicles and top of scrotum. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
There seems to be something like fatty deposits building in the general area of my testacles and top of scrotum. It's worse on one side but present on both. My one ball seems to be rising up into my lower abdomen area too. Finally, below my scrotum, there are really tight nerves or muscles that are having some impact on rising testacle and/or fatty deposit build up. Plus, there's kind of a thick oily like excretion that seems to be producing from same area- scrotum and below scrotum on tight area leading back to anus and very bottoPm of right buttocks where all those parts sort of come together. Is this something major? I have been smoking some meth and feel like it has to be related to that. ( lack of sleep, general tightness of lower back muscles, kidneys and legs. Finally, there's an open soar with small pockets of puss that has formed on area where penis base and scrotum start. I shave my balls and so this may just be an ingrown hair. That seems to have happened before but seems odd that all this is happening at same time and in same place. Got any idea what's going on and what I should do?
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

Well, I have gone through your question and your history too. First of all I would like to emphasize here that you have positive history of HIV. And this makes you susceptible for many infections.

Now I will discuss each of your query point wise-

1- You are 48 years old, and it is a normal physiological process of to find fat deposition near secondary sexual organs including testes. This is not usually concerning.

2- Secondly, the movement of testis into the abdomen is a normal process to maintain the temperature inside the testes for normal sperm production. No need to worry if there are no associated symptoms.

3- Tight nerves and muscles along with oily skin locally including your anus are the symptoms of mild inflammation. I suggest the following---
a) Keep area absolutely clean, use antibiotic soap.
b) Take some anti-inflammatory analgesics. Over the counter products like ibuprofen may help.

4- NEVER shave. the scrotom, it will most of the time lead into infection.

5-Yes, if you have pus discharge from root of penis, just apply some antibiotic cream locally. Oral antibiotic have better affectivity in the treatment of such infections. You may get it prescribed by your treating physician.

Hope this answer will help you, and I am ready for future follow-ups (if any)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor