Noticed blood spots from urethra. What am I suffering from?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi I have like stringey looking blood spots on toilet paper after wiping an enormous amount of pain weeing and feeling very faint and abit naucious. Blood coming from urethra and period finished almost 2 weeks ago but definitely coming from urethra anyway please help
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
You seem to be suffering from urinary tract infection ( UTI ).
A UTI is a bacterial infection that affects some part of your urinary tract—this includes the kidneys, urethra, bladder, and ureters. 
Since your pain is low lying in your abdomen,it is an infection of bladder called as CYSTITIS.
Cystitis is one of the most common type of UTI occurring in females.
You must consult your doctor and get the urine culture done to identify the type of bacteria and then the proper antibiotic therapy along with pain medications can be prescribed.
Till you consult your doctor,you can take any OTC antispasmodic for pain relieving and take plenty of water.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks