Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed blood spots from urethra. What am I suffering from?

Answered by
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1978

Answered : 6714 Questions

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi I have like stringey looking blood spots on toilet paper after wiping an enormous amount of pain weeing and feeling very faint and abit naucious. Blood coming from urethra and period finished almost 2 weeks ago but definitely coming from urethra anyway please help
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.
You seem to be suffering from urinary tract infection ( UTI ).
A UTI is a bacterial infection that affects some part of your urinary tract—this includes the kidneys, urethra, bladder, and ureters. 
Since your pain is low lying in your abdomen,it is an infection of bladder called as CYSTITIS.
Cystitis is one of the most common type of UTI occurring in females.
You must consult your doctor and get the urine culture done to identify the type of bacteria and then the proper antibiotic therapy along with pain medications can be prescribed.
Till you consult your doctor,you can take any OTC antispasmodic for pain relieving and take plenty of water.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urethra

doctor1 MD

I am a 53 y.o post menopausal female. The opening to my urethra is a couple of centimeters wide which is quite alarming as I don t ever remember this being this way. I also see an area of red tissue about the size of an almond. This appears fixed to the urethral wall. No pain. No problems with urinating. I have a doctor s appointment on Monday, but I am not sure I can wait that long.

doctor1 MD

very warm regards doctor, i feel a kind of ticklish irritation just at the junction of bladder opening and urethra and iam never able to empty my bladder completely.every time after micturition i have to wait for another minute to empty the bladder by urinating certain drops of urine atlast.these last drops too dont get out of the bladder completely.just when iam about to finish the urination i feel that urethra closes before iam totally able to empty my bladder and applying pressure too...doesnt has been my condition from September 2005.and till now the conditions have improved though but the problem still persists.i have warts like swelled Fordyce s spots on my scrotum for many years.iam 22 years.i got my urine tested in 2007 from a best urologist in India(from AIIMS).he was straight forward and said i had no infection and no stones after he read the results of the urine test.still i said i feel pressure in bladder he gave me Uromax capsules and antibiotics for 14 days after which the problem is still exactly the father was reluctant like hell to take me to a doctor and now after he took me once he s not going to take me again. should i go again myself and is it baldder cancer or will it develop into cancer??please answer as immidiately as possible

doctor1 MD

Hi there, I am a 27 yr old male, (5ft 8in and 11 stone, smoker but not a drinker, no pevious problems in this area) and haven't been sexually active for about a year. I have recently noticed a small, hard lump inside the glans of my penis, just to the right of my urethra. It doesn't hurt unless I squeeze it a bit, but it does get larger or smaller depending on arousal, and remains solid for a couple of hours after ejaculation. It is about the size of a ballbearing when I have an erection and shrinks to about half size when my penis is flaccid. Any ideas as to what it could be? Thanks

doctor1 MD

Sir I am getting slight buring on my top of urethra. Prostate size is normal ( about 19 g). MY age is 43. please reply why I am getting burning. Earlier doctor gave me Flotral, which I used for more than 3 months. Now I have stopped as per advise of another doctor.

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr I have diabetes and cholesterol Gerd and ibs Urethal stenosis. I pass slow urine or sometimes it gets blocked. Sometimes it is normal. Dr has advise me to do cystscopy but I have heard after doing cystscopy and widening the urethra pipe...

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after I finish...and not always immediately...I seem to have what I would term an ache or almost like a...