Noticed a spot on skin. Can I use hydrocortozone cream? Is it enlarged sebaceous gland?

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi

Posted on Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Well this spot just appeared on monday and it was never a bump or anything it has remained the same for the last 5 days it is not painful or is it burning or pussing. What can i use to get rid of it would hydrocortozone cream work also i was told that it may be enlarged sebacous glands what should i do
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blocked sebaceous gland, use hydrocortisone cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for your follow up query.

I have gone through the case history & the picture as attached to the post.

The spot appears to be a blocked sebaceous gland.
Kindly apply hydrocortisone cream, you will get relief in 2-3 days.

There is no need to worry.
Wishing you a Good Health.