Need to get circumcised. Have little pimple around penis. What to do?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Im 23 years old is it too late for me to go get circumcised to remove extra foreskin .. I also have little pimple things around penis head they dont hurt or anything
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not late to get circumcised.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
extra foreskin and small bumps on glans of the penis and you want to get circumcised.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem .
1) Are you able to retract your foreskin over glans penis?

Normally circumcision is advised if one is unable to retract foreskin (what is called as Phimosis).

If you have Phimosis you can certainly go ahead and get circumcised now. Age is no bar for circumcision .If indicated one can get it done at any age .

The white pimple like spots seen on glans can be white beads of smegma.

In absence of any symptoms you need worry about them at all.

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later
Yes it retracts back easy its not tight or anything
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You do not need to get circumcised.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for feedback.
As per my experience and knowledge you do not need to get circumcised at all.
The problem of getting while spots on glans penis could be resolved with proper personal hygiene.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
Can i get them spots removed ? What are they or how did they occur
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You do not need to remove them.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
White spots that you are worried about are mostly temporary and may be due to infection of the glans (Ballanitis) and do not need to be removed.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin to be applied locally twice daily.

You just need to ensure to clean your genitals with warm water.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.