Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Natural way to get white skin tone? Cost of plastic surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
hi i m XXXXXXX and my age is 22 .. if any chance to change my darker skin tone to whiter skin tone .. by natural way or plastic surgery .. in natural way means what are the things i want to do and if i doing plastic surgery mean how much of cost it ill take and what are the risk involved in plastic surgery
Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later

Thank you for the query,
XXXXXXX the complexion of our skin depends upon our genes and ethnic origin.It is not possible to change ones original genetic color by any means ,not even by plastic surgery. But if anybody has tanned skin over chronic exposure to sunlight or one had initial good complexion and over the years one has developed darkness ,then there are some possibilities of improvement.

Last 12 years I have been involved with cosmetic laser surgeries and other cosmetic procedures at one of the India's leading cosmetic laser clinic ,where I've come across various such cases. We have tried doing chemical peels and lasers in such cases with very limited success. With these procedures you can improve the texture of your skin and even the tanning ,but complexion becomes a difficult task.This has been a topic of debate in our conferences too.

If at all you want to try then you can go for lasers and chemical peel, which are safe and effective procedures ,but how much improvement it would give in your case would be a matter of chance.But I would like to clarify that there are no plastic surgeries in such cases. And there are no natural ways either.

Sorry If I've disappointed you, but then I have to tell you the fact, else you would end up shopping doctors.

I hope I've answered your query ,I will be available to answer your follow up queries also.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor