Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

My np said i had a old irritation on my

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2015
Answered : 312 Questions
My np said i had a old irritation on my cervix
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could you please explain your symptoms in more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Could you please explain a bit more in details about what do you feel, what you have seen and where did you go to visit and what did this doctor tell you?


Manoku Eni
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: My np said i had a old irritation on my 39 hours later
My np stated that I had a irritation on my cervix and it looked very old she also stated that I had to tiny bumps that looked scabbed
Answered by Dr. Eni 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get an evaluation from a OB/GYN

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

Irritation in the cervix (cervicitis) is a sign which can be encountered in many conditions.
I exclude infections, since you do not have any pain or other symptoms related to it.
Allergies may be possible. There are known cases of allergy from the latex in the condom.
Multiple partners can cause this irritation.
Vaginal ph changes can be a cause as well, and birth control implantations need to be considered.
Lastly, a Pap test needs to be taken, just to make sure that there is no risk of cancer.

As you may well see, the diagnosis of your condition can vary a lot, thus you need to see a specialist that can do all the proper exams and that can offer you the right treatment for you case.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor