Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

My hemoglobin is 11. Suggest some medicine, diet or shampoo to get thickness in hair

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
my age is 29 and my hair is getting thin , my hemoglobin is 11.please suggest some medicine or diet or shampoo to get my hair thick. i dont have any health related issues.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi dear ,

Thanks for writing in.

Cause of hair loss in your case can be Diffuse hair loss or Androgenetic alopecia.

Androgenetic alopecia manifests with thinning of hair , receding of frontal hairline ,
temporal bald patches.It has a family history of similar patterned hair loss in father/grandfather/mother.

Do you have any of this?

Second type is diffuse hair loss.In whic there is no specific pattern.Hair fall is only increased.Hair by appearance look normal .Stress , pollution, faulty diet and lifestyle, excessive use of hair cosmetics/dyes/colors, hair spa treatments/straitening procedures can cause hair loss.

Do you have any of these?

Hairs are indicator of general health.
When you improve general health hair loss will also decrease.

You can take multivitamin supplements containing zinc, biotin ,copper,amino acids etc they are building blocks for hair.

In general measures you should
- avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.

-Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.

-Do not comb when hairs are wet.

-Use widely spaced comb with rounded teeth(not sharp ends).

-Avoid hot water for bathing(use lukewarm water)

-Avoid hardening gels/ harsh colors/chemicals on scalp.

-Avoid direct sunexposure/heat/wind exposure to your hair.

-You can use nizoral shampoo for hair wash.

Please upload your photos of your scalp areas(2-3) with UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right side of the page.

Photos will be further useful to provide specific advise.

Hope this helps you .
If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.

Dr Sudarshan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor