My Doctor prescribes me ambien ( Zolpidem ) for sleep.
Ambien is a hypnotic drug.
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service
Ambien is Zolpidem and is a hypnotic medicine. Tramadol is basically an opioid drug used for pain. The drug has high abuse potential compared to Ambien. So it is not a good idea to take Tramadol in place of Ambien.
If the drug is not resulting in sleep then you could ask your doctor to increase the dose and this will help in sleep.
I hope this helps but if you have more doubts please ask again.
Ambien or Tramadol both are not antidepressants drugs.
No both drugs are not antidepressants. In some cases of depression Ambien is used for sleep but Tramadol is not commonly used in depression patients.
Trazodone or Amitriptyline can be used for sleep too. Both are anti-depressant drugs too and can supplement the actions of Ambien. Both are safe to use if used with proper prescription. You can talk with your doctor for this.
Still have more to ask please ask again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?