My 82 yr old husband suddenly developed a severe chill.
Fever or abnormal blood glucose level
Dear Ma’am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but he has a mild fever which could be the cause of chills. I would recommend that you give him an antipyretic as ibuprofen tablets 200 mg. if no improvement within an hour then I would recommend that you take him to the ER to measure his blood glucose level and exclude hypo/hyperglycemia. I hope you find this helpful..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?