My 7 yr old son recently had k. Pneumoniae and
You should give anti-inflammatory medication to treat the pain.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
The neck pain of your son seems to be related to swollen lymph nodes.
Omnicef is one of the preferred medication to treat Klebsiella Pneumonia.
I would recommend to continue using this medication.
I suggest to add an anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen syrup to reduce the inflammation and the pain.
I would also suggest to give him liquids and rest.
If the symptoms continue and you don't see any relief I suggest a visit to an ENT specialist for further evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?