Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Missed period. Started bleeding and severe lower stomach ache. Fell down and period started suddenly. Advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
I missed my period (i was regular till this period) and a week later i started bleeding and have sever lower stomach ache. I fell down from two feet and then suddenly my period stated. Can you please suggest.

Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
I need some more information

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I need some more information to come to a conclusion. Kindly reply following questions:
1)Do you have regular periods(except the present one)?
2)Are you married/ unmarried? Are you sexually active?
3)Did you ever had similar complaints before?
4)Do you have any associated white vaginal discharge?
Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further.
Awaiting your response.

Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Missed period. Started bleeding and severe lower stomach ache. Fell down and period started suddenly. Advice? 2 hours later

1) Yes, I have regular periods (except this one [a week delay])
2) I am married and sexually active
3) I started have pain after marriage (bearable) but current one is more severe.
4) This time i had seen some white thing coming out, when i started bleeding.

my regular period is for 28 days, however this time after 31 day on 32nd day i stated bleeding.

I hope i have answered your queries.

It been close to year since i was married; i am suffering with any thing which is making me not have a bady.


Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Culd be due to silent pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.

After analyzing your answers I feel your symptoms are more like a SILENT ABORTION, the white thing which came out could be PRODUCTS OF CONCEPTION. To confirm this you need to get a Urine pregnancy test (UPT) done, if it is positive then it confirms pregnancy.

If the UPT is negative then you might need other investigations mainly focused for fertility issue: (as you are keen on getting pregnant)

Ultrasound pelvis-to know the uterine contour, endometrial thickness and ovarian volume.

Blood investigations: Thyroid function tests, serum LH (leutinizing hormone) and FSH (Follicular stimulating hormone).
Husband semen analysis.

After analyzing all these investigations, if everything is normal then you can be given Ovulation induction drugs and timed intercourse. Just to educate you, you need to have intercourse from day 12 to day 18th of your menstrual cycle, that is the FERTILE PERIOD for conception.

Wish you good health and early conception.
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor