Owl Image

Met with an accident. CT scan normal. Have spinning head. What could be causing this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My father in law,Met with an accident 4 days ago.He was told there is no much problem after CT scan.Still as a precaution,He was kept in hospital and a day in ICU.
From the day of accident he is complaining of Head spinning.How many days head spinning will be there?
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
From your description it seems that your father in law has suffered a minor head injury. Since the CT scan does not show any bleeding, a mild concussion is likely.
The spinning of the head should clear in a week or two at the most if he takes a good care of himself.
For symptomatic relief, he can get tablet Cinnarizine prescribed from his treating physician. Kindly try to prevent such accidents from happening again. Be careful all the time.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.