Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Looking best specialist for psoriasis skin disease

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
i need to know details of a doctor specialised for psoriasis disease under skin problems
my uncle has a problem with i need a very specialised doctor to consult .
from last 2 years he visited many doctors but there was no good result
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 7 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disease. It has no known cause. The tendency toward developing psoriasis is inherited in genes. It is not contagious. It gets better and worse spontaneously and can have periodic remissions (clear skin). It is controllable with medication.Psoriasis is currently not curable. The treatment is only symptomatic.
Psoriasis is a life-long condition that can be controlled with treatment. It may go away for a long time and then return. With appropriate treatment, it usually does not affect your general physical health.
Dermatologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of psoriasis, and rheumatologists specialize in the treatment of joint disorders and psoriatic arthritis. Many kinds of physicians may treat psoriasis, including dermatologists, family physicians, XXXXXXX medicine physicians, rheumatologists, and other medical doctors.
It will be better if you see dermatologist first after examination, if required he may refer him to rheumatologist.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Looking best specialist for psoriasis skin disease 4 hours later
ya...he already visited many doctors , but now i want to know the details of any best doctors to whom u can refer to so that he can visit that specific doctor.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Good to hear from you.

As mentioned above i advice you to see dermatologist near your place he will guide you. In case if you have not seen dermatologist i advice you to see local physician they will provide information of the leading and the best dermatologist in the locality and you can XXXXXXX him for examination and diagnosis.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Looking best specialist for psoriasis skin disease 7 hours later
ya...then its not worthy information which i got from you for paying the Rs.120
and getting this information which actually i get anywhere , i asked u for speciaists and famous doctors whom u people know on behalf of health care to consult .
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 27 minutes later
As such there are no specialist in treating psoriasis, all dermatologist can diagnose and effectively treat it.
As mentioned above the it is a life-long condition, with long time symptom free and remission.
I advice you to visit the department of dermatology, at Apollo hospitals, Hyderabad. They have eminent dermatologist to address your illness.
Hope i have provided the information you needed.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor