Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Leak in scrotum, no pain or swelling, clear fluid. What is this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I have had a leak in my scrotum for about 2 years now. It started with some itching and flaking. What appeared to be a fungal infection. I cleared it up and it seemed to heal. only to have the tiny opening in the scrotum come back. It leaks anywhere from a clear fluid to what looks like a pussy fluid, but neither have any odor. I have no pain, no loss of sexual function. swelling or anything on the penis, and have never had there. I don't understand what this thing is, it doesn't want to heal. I don't think this is an std as there has been nothing else out of the ordinary, and again never any discharge or pain from the penis.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You seem to be having a sinus of scrotum.
Sinus is an patent track which harbours infections and continues to give out fluidy exudate, it is difficult to heal without surgical removal called a debridement.
You can try medicine treatment for two weeks, if it still does not heal then possibly surgical treatment is only option.
Take Augmentin 625mg thrice a day for 5days
Levofloxacin 500mg once a day for 5days
and Fluconazole 150mg once a day for two weeks.
Apply Neosporin/Tenovate-G/M/Lobate-G/M Ether of them twice a day for 15 days in supervision of your local clinician.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Leak in scrotum, no pain or swelling, clear fluid. What is this? 18 minutes later
what does this surgery involve, is it outpatient or in hospital
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
It depends on the extent of the problem.
It appears to be a simple sinus and a surgical excision under local anesthesia should suffice. So it would be an Daycare(Outpatient observation for a day) procedure.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor