Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Knee pain may be due to some kind of tear while playing badminton. Can I jog for 3 km ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 5146 Questions
I have knee pain. I think I have some kind of tear while playing badminton. I feel it very lightly while climbing steps or while descending from high level area. Could I do jogging for 3 KM.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
At this time, it would be unwise to jog for 3 km. It is unlikely that you have a ligament tear as they usually cause severe swelling, pain and severely limit mobility.
I would suggest that you get yourself evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon. We could be looking at a ligament sprain or a traumatic injury which can become worse if left unattended.
If you are overweight, do work towards a healthier weight by proper diet and exercise.
You may apply an analgesic gel like Omnigel or Volini gel over the painful area of your knee around twice to thrice a day. Also, wear an elastic knee bandage for support to the joint. Avoid running as well. Do only activities which involve mild walking.
I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Knee pain may be due to some kind of tear while playing badminton. Can I jog for 3 km ? 49 minutes later
Hi Dr. Aashish,
Thank you for your quick and prompt response.

I will starting using any one of the above prescribed gel and see if that helps my situation. I am concerned as I am having this uncomfortness [very mild pain] for over a year now.
However, I am not over-weight. May be I will have to consult a physician, if the situation does not improve after applying the gel.

Thanks once again for your concern. Have a great day.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 9 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly do try the above remedies with caution as mentioned in my post above. In some cases there should be good improvement. If not, do consult your Orthopedic Surgeon.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention, “Dr.Prasad”.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor