I've had a chronic cough for 4-5 months that was

Oncologist
Question
I've had a chronic cough for 4-5 months that was originally diagnosed as pneumonia. I think the pneumonia started with a sinus infection, then bronchitis. I've since been treated with multiple rounds of antibiotics, and am finishing a round of prednisone, none of which has helped. I am also using an inhaler, but the cough persists. I've done X-Ray and had my blood taken, but nothing showed up. The doctor plans to order a CT scan tomorrow. Any ideas?clay
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lung CT

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

The fact that your chugh persists and doesn’t respond in the treatment make as thinking that you need further examination such as CT to find the etiology an right treatment

A chest CT scan can help determine the cause of lung symptoms or check if you have certain lung problems such as a tumor, excess fluid around the lungs that is known as pleural effusion, pulmonary embolism, emphysema, tuberculosis, pneumonia and several other factors

Please take me informed for the results

Best regards