Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Itching anus, taken albendazole. How do I find a good doctor who takes time to check me?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
It has been a couple of years since I have seen a doctor. I am a 42 year old woman in very good health.

Lately I have been waking up nightly with a very itchy anus. I am not getting more than a couple of hours of sleep.

I have taken albendezole 2 times 2 weeks apart just in case I have a pinworm infection.'s 1:30 & I am awake again.

How do I find a good doctor who actually takes time with me? What type of dr should I see?

In the past when I have asked for reccommendations I haven't been happy w the results.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 2 days later
Hello, XXXXXX,
I can certainly understand your concern. With all the
restrictions placed by the insurance companies, doctors
are forced to take care of too many patients and not
enough time spent. I am with you, I am an old time
physician that took time to find out the problems
and discuss the options etc. Unfortunately, things
have changed. You were treated for worms and that
is good. Anal itching sometimes are due to small
hemorrhoids that are external. A good hygiene,
sitting in hot tub for 20 mins. and keeping the area
clean and use some 10% cortizone cream (Over the counter)
two or three times a day should help. You may have to
see a proctologist (Colon & Rectal Specialist) if the problem
Wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor