question-icon

Is there any device that helps wearing urine retention bags efficiently?

Posted on Tue, 18 Mar 2014
Question: My 80 yr. old friend has been diagnosed with cancer. She has been fitted with a tube in each kidney with a bag for urine retention. Is there any device that is available to help her wear these bags more efficiently. Is there some kind of belt with holding pouches for the bags? Please respond ASAP. She is very depressed over this.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. I am very sorry to hear the news about your friend. It is very kind of you to look for this type of information to help her. There are individuals who, out of their own benevolence, can sew and handcraft custom made bags with various and materials. You may inquire with the social services, nephrologist or oncologist nursing staff at the treating hospital or clinic if they are aware of such individuals or services. It may help to reference that sometimes these individuals also make handmade/custom sacks for colostomy bags. Of course, all of this is very dependent upon local resources. All the best, Dr G
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist