Is there any complete cure for schizophrenia?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: hi
will there be complete cure of schizophenia or chemical imbalance within 3 years
please reply in yes or no
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no permanent cure of schizophrenia

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries

Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder that occurs due to a number of causes like neurotransmitter imbalance, psychological, environmental, neurotoxic, genetic etc. It can be treated with medicines but permanent cure is not there.

So in my opinion answer for your question is-

NO PRESENTLY THERE IS NO COMPLETE CURE FROM SCHIZOPHRENIA AND THERE IS NO EVIDENCE BASED UPON STUDIES THAT IT WILL BE THERE IN THREE YEARS but with treatment symptoms remain controlled and individuals can function like normal.

Thanks, Please don't hesitate to ask again for more doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist