Is there a cure for rabies?
There is no specific treatment and you are covered
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
Rabies has no cure as of date. The best treatment is vaccination and administration of rabies immunoglobulin shortly after the bite. Because you received the rabies abs shortly after, no matter the outcome of that examination you are covered. Also, follow through and complete the series of vaccination which is a total of 3 over a month.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Treatment is rabies immunoglobulins and vaccinatio
When bitten by an animal with no clear history of vaccination and the victim being unvaccinated, I recommend immediate administration of rabies immunoglobulin and vaccination. We cannot wait for results to return before starting treatment. Like I mentioned before, rabies has no cure. Talk to your doctors and let them start this treatment without further delays. If results come back good, we would have taken the necessary precautions.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to return and ask for more questions and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for rabies illness
- Treatment and cure for bat rabies
- Treatment and cure for rabies vaccination
- Treatment and cure for rabies infection
- Why rabies cant be cured
- Treatment and cure for rabies pep
- A cure for rabies
- Treatment and cure for Rabies
- Treatment and cure for rabies immunoglobulin
- Treatment and cure for rabies virus
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?