Is testosterone level at 50 a cause for concern?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi I just received my blood test results and it looks like my testosterone levels are at 50. I would like to have children in the near future. What can I do to increase my levels so that I am fertile?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggested tests.

Detailed Answer:
Good day.
noted your concern. There is much more beyond testosterone when fertility is desired. It's important to look at your physical features, testes volume. Besides, we need a fasting blood sample of LH, FSH, Testosterone, Prolactin, SHBG, Thyroid blood profile, fasting sugars, Lipid profile etc. All should be taken as fasting sample between 7 to 9 am. In addition, a semen analysis also is required.Do not meet a urologist . Best is to meet an endocrinologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1418 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Lab Tests ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Lipid profile

doctor1 MD

i am 48 years old I regularly taking Atorcia TG tab daily , Xirtam 20 my lipid profile are given cholesterol - H 203 triglycerides - H 813...

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir, I am 37 Years old, my weight 65kg, I am suffering from diabetes last 10 years & Cholesterol from 6 years now Neuropathic pain also. I am...

doctor1 MD

i went to the dr. 4 months ago and they said i need to lower my cholesterol are they would have to put me on medication. so i went back this week...

doctor1 MD

For the past 4 days, my blood pressure has been running anywhere from 130/95 to 120/102. My blood pressure is usually normal (typically 120/78 or...

doctor1 MD

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific...

doctor1 MD

My Father has been gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.My father is taking medicine triglynase1...

doctor1 MD

My Father has been gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.Mainly i want to know the health of the...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction