Is swollen and painful sole post an injury a symptom of DVT?
Attached is picture of the foot
No DVT possible from that injury, and most certainly not in that region
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Just a superficial injury sir, absolutely nothing to worry about. You can go about a cold compress over the region, or rest your feet in cold water for as long as tolerated (for a day, not more).
And then shift over the a warm compress, that will reduce swelling and promote healing. In the meantime, please do wear comfortable footwear and avoid weight bearing over that leg.
It is just a superficial injury, and will in no way lead to DVT sir. Deep vein thrombosis is caused due to various reasons, but there are no major veins that can be injured in the region you suffered an injury, so DVT is highly unlikely sir, you need not worry.
I hope you find my response helpful, please do not hesitate to write to me anytime, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Head around the injury is very swollen and painful
- What are chances of getting dvt post injury
- Swollen knuckle with no pain no injury what is it
- Head injuries symptoms shooting pains
- Leg injury painful swollen toe numbness is it broken
- Symptoms of injury
- Symptoms of mth post injury
- Is stomach pain post injury serious
- Knee injury swollen pain with swollen foot cold
- Wrist pain with vein swollen and blue no injury cause