Is strep throat while on antibiotics contagious?
24 hours should be safe
It is true that once you have been on antibiotics for 24 hours you should no longer be contagious so it would be fine to return to work. Make sure that you feel well enough to work before returning though. When you return make sure that you wash your hands frequently and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Here is a site where you can read more about treating strep throat.
I hope you are feeling better soon,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Strep throat antibiotics z pack
- Preferred antibiotic for strep throat
- Names of antibiotics for strep throat
- How long is strep throat contagious
- Antibiotics for strep throat
- Throat lozenges for strep throat
- Does strep throat require antibiotics
- What antibiotic to take for strep throat
- Is strep throat contagious
- Strep throat relapse after antibiotics
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?