Is soy protein of harbalife good for hypothyroidism patient
Soy protein herba product can worsen hypothyroidism.
Welcome to the 'Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advise.
Soy protein is considered as goitrogen as per studies. So it can decrease thyroid level and can worsen hypothyroidism.
So soy protein containing herba product is not safe to use if patient having hypothyroidism.
I suggest you to take levothyroxine medication for your hypothyroidism.
Hope I have answered your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is Gliosis seen in left frontal periventricular region and
- How can blood glucose go from 95 before I left
- Hi, I have very irregular periods along with persistent hormonal
- My ear just started bleeding. I am 86 years old
- I am a 74 year old woman who has self-diagnosed
- Right jaw pain and random dizziness , slight headache with
- My 34 month old daughter weight -15.5 kg has cold
- I have no sense of smell and haven’t had for
- HI All, I am 34yrs old and i am taking
- Hi there I have been having an issue for months