• question-icon

Is severe pain in heart a cause for concern?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in General Health
Question: sometime i feel serve pain in heart, and feels like a current stream passing through it merely for some seconds like 30-40 seconds. I try to breathe during that period but i feel unable to breathe and after 2-3 minutes i get back to normal. I feel this once a month normally.
is it normal with everyone or i should b more concerned about it ? my age is 22 years.

so its normal ?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
non cardiac pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to Health Care Magic Forum. Thanks for writing to is with your health query. I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I would like to assure you that the pain you are having oz not at all of ischemic heart disease. Cardiac pain is left sided diffuse pain radiating to either arm.. Generally occurs for 10- 15 min ..it is associated with sweating or ghabrahat. It also increases with exertional activity. The discomfort you are experiencing is not cardiac but occasional muscular spasm. If you have still any doubt's then you can get an ECG done At the nearest hospital and send me a picture of that. I hope I have helped to allay tour anxiety. If you have any other query please feel free to ask. Regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes.

Detailed Answer:
Its noncardiac pain and can be treated with simple analgesics. Can you tell me if you smoke or not? Have you started doing exercise lately?
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN