Is prescribing Trazadone for more than one day legal?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: would it be illeagel for a doctor to pescibe trazadone 2 tabs for 2 daus worth.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It would not be illegal

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

No, it is not illegal for a doctor tor prescribe trazadone for 2 days. Some times trazadone is prescribed for a short duration as a sleep aid. For it to work as an antidepressant however, you would need to take it as an ongoing medication for a few weeks to see the benefits.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify or provide further information.

-----------------------------------------
Note to all patients: Please know that if you ask for a refund, which some patients do to "play the system", the refund comes entirely from what I am paid. The company does not lose a XXXXXXX I do my best to answer as thoroughly and conscientiously as possible to help you, and I hope you will honor my time and knowledge by not requesting a refund. Dr. Berger-Durnbaugh