Is pregnancy possible while on birth control pills?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: So i had my withdrawal bleed due to birthcontrol pill last feb 25 - March 1. then had an unprotected sex last mar 4, today march 10 i experience spotting.
is it possible that It is implamentation bleeding? how soon will i know if i am pregnant? thanks
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be pregnant if you are regular on birth pill

Detailed Answer:

According to your description, if you are regular on BCP, this spotting is not because of pregnancy.
The earliest date to know the pregnancy is if you skip your regular monthly cycle. Just get the home pregnancy test with urine if you skip your period.
Now spotting can be due to pills as well and there are other reasons for spotting between periods.
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 4 minutes later
it is actually my first time to had spotting after an unprotected sex
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait till next period and check the home preg test

Detailed Answer:

No worry, just wait till next period. If you miss it get the home pregnancy test. If you have normal withdrawal period then you are safe and the spotting could be the because of pills.