What do cramps and lower abdominal pain in a female indicate?

Posted on Mon, 22 May 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I am a thirty year old female who for the last 7 months has been experiencing heavy spotting between periods that includes some cramping and pain in lower abdomen
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult Gynecologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

I have read your notes. There are several reasons for this spotting.

1. Cervical or endometrial polyp
2. Hormonal imbalance
2. Cervical erosion
3. Endometrial hyperplasia
4 . Rarely it can be due to precancerous cervical conditions

Therefore it is important that you get examined by Gynecologist. You also need to do blood tests and pelvic ultrasound. If you are due for Pap test, get that done. After reviewing the results, treatment can be given.
If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN