Is pregnancy possible when accidentally skipping oral contraceptives on days of intercourse?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi! XXXX good day . It is possible that i get pregnant if i miss my 5thday pill and took on the 6th day at 4pm at take my 6th day pill

It is possible i get pregnant if i miss my 6th day pill and have sexual intercourse in the morning before i miss my 6th pill and took the 6th pill on the 7thday at around 12:45 pm .? And if ever i have an intercourse on the seven day or eight after i took my miss pill it is possible that i will get pregnant .
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 198 days later
yes you may get pregnant. i recommend to use condoms.

Brief Answer:
Yes it may happen

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Although the chance of getting pregnant are very low (if you miss the 6 th day pill and you do intercourse on the day 7 or 8) it may still happen.

This is why you should take contraceptive pills regularly to avoid unplanned pregnancy.

Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu