Is pregnancy possible through unprotected intercourse 5 days after menstruation?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 21 years old and had unprotected sex on the first to fifth days after my periods ended. After that I have been eating a lot of pickle for the past fifteen twenty days. I also had four sesame laddus and four cinnamon sticks today. However I still didn't get my periods which are due today. Please tell me what to do to get my periods
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Home remedies will not help f you are pregnant.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The chances of pregnancy are present as you had sex after the periods were finished. The home remedies that you are trying will not help you to a large extent if you are pregnant. You need to wait for your periods for next 4-5 days and then test your urine for pregnancy in case the periods do not start. in case you are pregnant then abortion pills will be needed to terminate the pregnancy.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Doctor! We have pulled out before the ejaculation and the only doubt we have is that a little of semen might have been in my vagina.
And also what about the option of vitamin c tablets. I read online that it's a safe option
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low chances of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Even if he pulled out precum and slightly semen can also cause a pregnancy. Taking high dose of vitamin C will not alone cause an abortion. it is best to remain stress free and wait for the periods.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Guessing that it is pregnancy, when is the earliest I can go for a medicinal abortion. I have had the last day of my periods last time on Feb 23 and I have a 28-day cycle. when is the earliest i can take the medicine.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can test after 23rd.

Detailed Answer:
Before taking the medicine pregnancy needs to be confirmed with a urine test or an ultrasound scan. You can test your urine on 23-25 March to see if you are pregnant. The chances of pregnancy are low.

Stress also delays the periods. Wait for a week more and then test your urine.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee