question-icon

Is pregnancy possible before getting the first period?

Posted on Mon, 21 Jul 2014
Question: My age is 12 years
I joined in sex at 5'o clock
I completed my lunch in 2'o clock
Can i took unwanted 72
Is the girl become pregent in 12 years she is not metured
Answered by Dr. S Patra (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW.

Detailed Answer:

1) If your period is NOT started till now or you don't get first period (Menarche) at this age (12 yrs), then your chance of pregnancy is EXTREMELY RARE. Here, you don't need to take Unwanted 72.

2) If you have gotten first period (menarche) very recently or earlier and your cycle is regular or irregular, then you should take emergency pill (Unwanted 72) to prevent unwanted pregnancy as benefit of doubt. You must undergo one home pregnancy test if you miss your regular period.

Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and avoid UNPROTECTED sex until matured enough.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist