Is pregnancy possible after IUD placement?
Yes it is possible
Hi and thanks for your query at healthcare magic .
I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.
There are different types of IUD, some with more copper than others.
IUDs with more copper are more than 99% effective.
This means that fewer than one in 100 women who use an IUD will get pregnant in one year.
Hence is possible to be pregnant while she have a coil.
But she should do a transvaginal scan to exclude ectopic pregnancy (outer of uterus ) because there are more chances to be an ectopic pregnancy.
Hope I have been helpful and please feel free for further discussion.
She should do a scan to see if IUD is in the right place
To see if IUD or coil is in the right place or have removed she should do a scan .
A local clinic can be able to see only if the string is there or not and nothing else .
Hope I have explained and please feel free for further discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spotting after iud placement
- Iud coil pregnancy
- Passing clots after iud placement
- Pregnancy after copper iud
- Is delayed periods after iud removal symptom of pregnancy
- Bleeding after iud placement
- Pregnancy after iud expires
- What are the chances of pregnancy after removal of iud
- Pregnancy symptoms after iud removal
- Iud copper pregnancy