Is left atrial abnormality a cause for concern?
Please provide some information needed to give a more accurate answer.
Thank you for posting your question to HCM.
The term you have described is very general. In order to give a more accurate answer, I would need to have some more information and if possible a copy of the ECG film.
Do you have any symptom related to heart problems like heart ache, shortness of breath, swelling in the feet, ect? Do you take any medicine? High blood pressure? Any other problem you suffer from?
Kindly provide the information needed and I would be happy to answer your query.
ECG may have not been done properly abd need to get repeated.
Hello again dear,
Left atrial abnormality is often referred to atrial enlargement/hypertrophy which may be an early sign of hypertensive heart disease (high blood pressure).
But baseline wander (BW) may be due to respiration or the motion of the patients or the instruments, so its an artefact. For this reason, I would not be worried about the result, but consider repearing it when possible...this time not in the ER, because there sometimes ECG are getting done in a hurry.
Hope this is helpful.
If you need any more clarification I would be happy to answer. Otherwise, please kindly rate abd close the abswer.
Looking forward to the result of your repeating result of ECG.
High blood pressure.
Most commonly may be a sign of high blood pressure, and you may need treatment for that.
If you have checked your blood pressure and it is normal, then its more probably an artefact (a fake result of ECG, due to movements you have done or instruments not placed correctly during the examination).
My advice still stands- repeat the ECG.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left atrial abnormality treatment
- Left atrial abnormality tachycardia
- Left atrial abnormality symptoms
- Possible left atrial abnormality
- Borderline left atrial abnormality
- Left atrial abnormality in children
- Left atrial abnormality means
- Left atrial abnormality means on ekg
- Left atrial abnormality nhs
- Probable left atrial abnormality
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?