Is jaw tightness a Klonopin withdrawal symptom?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: i took viibyrd 40 mg for 4 weeks and klonopin about .5mg a day for 90 days. i have been off viibyrd for 22 days and off the klonopin for 7. im having tightness in neck jaw and throat off and on. my stomach and gastro area feel upset along with testicular irritation from time to time in the last few days. no fever urination is fine no swelling. is this klonopin withdrawl. also headache off and on
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it can occur due to withdrawal of klonopin.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Klonopin sudden withdrawal may cause this type of symptoms but viibryd sudden withdrawal may also cause some side effects.
To avoid these side effects we have to reduce the dose of the drug than slowly withdraw the drug( under supervision of a doctor).
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 40 minutes later
its been 7 days now since klonopin. will i be through the worst soon. can it also have lower back pain. isthat also from it
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Yes,your symptoms may get deteriorate but lower back pain could be due to it or it can be due to calcium and vitamin D3 deficiency.
Take some calcium and apply hot fomentation on back.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D