• question-icon

Is it safe to use Isotretinoin for adult acne?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello sir,
I am 30 year old and suffering from acne on face.2 years back i had sever acne my dermatologist recommended Divain tablet and it worked very good.Now suddenly from last 3 months my acne has returned and my dermatologist has suggested ISOKON 20 mg(Isotretinoin).I can see many side effects on internet for this medicine, but my doctor said that there is no permanent side effects.I am single 30 year old and planning to get married next year.Please let me know if this medicine will have any long term side effects?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry ,take treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Isotretinoin is a commonly used and very effective medicine for adult acne .
It is being extensively by many dermatologists . So I don't think you need to worry about its long term side effects .
The only thing one has to take care is to avoid pregnancy during treatment and for three months after stopping treatment.
So since you plan to get married next year ,so you surely have a long time for proper treatment of your acne problem.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist