Is it safe to have alcohol after appendicitis surgery? How long should I wait for sex and alcohol?
You can consume alcohol 2 weeks after the surgery when all the medications have been stopped and the sutures have been removed. Some of the medications given in the post-operative period (like metronidazole) can have reactions with alcohol.
The same is true for sex. You can have it once the sutures have been removed. It is better to avoid any strenuous activity for atleast 2 weeks after the surgery.
Hope you get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long does it take for appendicitis to rupture
- Infection after appendicitis surgery
- Indigestion after appendicitis surgery
- Incision hurting after appendicitis surgery
- Appendicitis diet after surgery
- Flying after laparoscopic surgery for appendicitis
- Drinking alcohol after appendicitis surgery
- Appendicitis dos and donts after surgery
- Airline travel after appendicitis surgery
- How long to wait appendicitis