Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

191 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is it safe to apply betamethasone cream for tight foreskin?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9894 Questions

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Hello! I am suffering from tight foreskin. I am unable to pull the foreskin over the glans even in flaccid condition. I have searched over the internet and at many websites it is suggested to do stretching with Betamethasone cream. Is it safe to apply that cream? Could you please suggest some creams available in market that can be used? Also, how to use the cream? Does Beclomethasone also serves the same purpose? Once I get the cream, how to go ahead with stretching?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It is advisable not to do strecing of foreskin. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have congenital Phimosis and want to strech foreskin by using some cream. Please note that the Phimosis that you have is congenital in origin and can not corrected by stretching permanently.over stretching of the foreskin causes injury to foreskin every time you attempt to stretch it, resulting into scarring and thereby thickening of foreskin. The only proper treatment for Phimosis is to get circumcised .The surgery is very simple and carried out by General Surgeon under local anaesthesia as a day care surgery and offers permanent cure. Please consult qualified surgeon foe clinical examination and get circumcised so that you can have enjoyable sexual life in future. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Circumcision

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor. I am 21 years old. I cannot retract my foreskin completely because there is a small joint with the penis. Because of this incomplete retraction I think I have a little pain during intercourse whenever I try to push it fully inside. There are no issues related to urination. Is this phimosis, and if yes what should I do ? Is circumcision the only option ?

doctor1 MD

I'm 58 and I had a circumcision done about three months ago. Today my desire to have sex with my wife is very high; I have no problems with having erections but for some reason I stiill have some numbness and I can't ejaculate because I can't completely feel the warmth inside my wife's vagina.

doctor1 MD

My husband is uncircumcised. And lately he has been having a problem with tearing during intercourse and swelling of his foreskin. He works out a lot and I don't feel he replenishes his fluid the way he should. Could this be the issue causing the problem.

doctor1 MD

I've noticed a lump inside my penis, dorsal side directly behind the glans, rather quickly growing, hard, and has become sensitive to examination, has caused a curvature, and is causing noticeable discomfort during sex. what could it be? approximate time from discovery (felt like a thickening of a vein) to thumbnail size (width) 1 inch @ length, and thicker near the glans (@3/4 ") less than 60 days.

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are around the urethra starting from areas where the stitches are placed. I need some guidance as to why...

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in 25 years) 2 questions 1. Is preputioplasty good way to fix my problem ( since my penis head is...

doctor1 MD

Hi there Dr. Kakkar, I have asked you a question before about pumps on my penis. I went to see a local doctor and he confirmed your diagnosis and prescribed a cream which took care of the bumps within 10 days. Thanks you very much for that....