Is it safe to apply betamethasone cream for tight foreskin?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Hello! I am suffering from tight foreskin. I am unable to pull the foreskin over the glans even in flaccid condition. I have searched over the internet and at many websites it is suggested to do stretching with Betamethasone cream. Is it safe to apply that cream? Could you please suggest some creams available in market that can be used? Also, how to use the cream? Does Beclomethasone also serves the same purpose? Once I get the cream, how to go ahead with stretching?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It is advisable not to do strecing of foreskin. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have congenital Phimosis and want to strech foreskin by using some cream. Please note that the Phimosis that you have is congenital in origin and can not corrected by stretching permanently.over stretching of the foreskin causes injury to foreskin every time you attempt to stretch it, resulting into scarring and thereby thickening of foreskin. The only proper treatment for Phimosis is to get circumcised .The surgery is very simple and carried out by General Surgeon under local anaesthesia as a day care surgery and offers permanent cure. Please consult qualified surgeon foe clinical examination and get circumcised so that you can have enjoyable sexual life in future. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.