Is it possible to increase height in a 30 year old person?
No further increase in height is possible at the age of 30 years.
Welcome to health care magic,
Height is determined by a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
Human growth is regulated by somatotropin (human growth hormone) which is secreted by anterior pituitary gland, which gradually subside after adolescence.
Bones grow by contribution of new bone from growth plates at each end of long bones. After adolescence these get ossified & there after no further growth is possible.
Thus height of females or in case of males, stops to increase further at the age 16 to 18 years and 18 to 21 years respectively.
I am sorry, to say that as you are already 30 years old, no further increase in height is possible.
Although some orthopaedic surgeons or hospitals claim to increase the length of bones by applying traction and thus height but all these are related to bone itself.
Hope, I have answered your query and if you have any doubt feel free to ask me
Thanks and Regards,
Could you tell me your location or city?
Thanks for the follow-up query,
Since i am trying the link 'User's location' since morning hours but its not working because of some technical error.
Could you tell me your location or city so,that i can suggest some hospitals name for the orthopaedician.
Thanks with Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Telmisartan for 30 years old person
- 17 year old is it possible to increase height
- 18 year old wants to increase height is it possible
- Is it possible to increase height at 20 years
- 40 years old is it possible to increase height
- 20 years old want to increase height possible
- 21 years old is it possible to increase height
- 26 years old is it possible to increase height
- Gloxi height enhancer for 30 years old up
- Height increase 40 years old