Is human bite dangerous than dog bite?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: hi. how are you? is it true that a human's bite is a lot more dangerous than a dog's bite?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Dogs bite seems to be more dangerous Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. It does not seem to be true. Generally it all depends what kind of bacteria in the mouth has human and a dog. Dogs bite always brings a risk of rabies, especially if the dog is unknown. Moreover, dog does not brush teeth, so it has much more dangerous bacteria which can cause an infection of the wound. Sometimes such infection is very hard to treat. Human bite DOES NOT increases a risk of HIV, HBV, HCV. There is a risk of HPV infection, fungal infection and bacterial infection as well. But humans usually brush theirs teeth, what makes theirs mouths much clearer than dogs. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.