Is fasting blood sugar level of 327 mg/dl a cause for concern?
I am Dr S Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
I would first like to know your HbA1C and PPBS levels.
I would also like to know what are the medications that you are taking as of now?
The imbalance in sugar levels is like a supply and demand situation- too much sugar intake vs too less usage.
I would therefore first suggest monitoring and checking your diet to cut the high carbohydrate and high sugar foods. I would either need a detailed diet plan that you currently consume, or alternatively suggest meeting a dietician ( I would recommend the latter). This is to reduce the supply.
The second step is to increase the consumption- so I suggest initiation of a regular exercise regime so that the body consumes sugars.
Do this for 2 weeks and repeat the sugars. If the sugars remain high, medications would need to be started.
A simple medicine like metformin may suffice to begin with. The dose will need to be titrated to your personal needs gradually.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
I hope that the suggestion will help you.
Please feel free to contact us/me for any further suggestions.
Dr S Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- My fasting blood sugar is 122 mg dl am i a diabetic
- Fasting blood sugar level 193
- My fasting blood sugar is 122 mg dl am i a
- My fasting blood sugar is 124mg dl dl a diabetic
- When to be concerned about a high fasting blood sugar
- Fasting blood sugar level 102
- Fasting and pp blood sugar testing done cause of concern
- My fasting blood sugar is 122 mg dl dl a diabetic
- Fasting blood sugar levels 109
- What causes increase in fasting blood sugar level