Is drinking milk healthy?
I am sorry if I repeated myself. I don't recall asking you about milk consumption. In your opinion is drinking milk healthy? I have friends who are dead set against it. What do you think? Please and Thank You.
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Yes, milk is healthy. It is a good source of calcium. Most milk products are also fortified with vitamin D these days which provides an added benefit for maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Excess of anything is bad. Try to consume it in moderation e.g one 250 ml glass a day would be fine. You may skip it on the weekend for an alternative. There is no harm in consuming milk if you are not lactose intolerant. If a person is lactose intolerant, has IBS or GERD (severe) then he can be advised to refrain from consuming milk.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
I am extremely sorry to hear about your loss. It's a big loss and that should be acknowledged. However, the fact that you are having suicidal thoughts about this grief is not normal. Antidepressants alone will not cure you of these thoughts. You need to rehabilitate actively in consult with a good psychiatrist. Behaviour cognitive therapy and group therapy would also be encouraged. Remember that drugs/antidepressants are only facilitators in this process. You must find your inner strength and resolve to overcome this difficult time. It's good that you shared your experience, it both alleviates the pain and finds someone who can give you different insight.
May the odds be in your favour.
I ll be more than willing to help you along this process.
wishing you best of health
Believe in yourself.
Dr. M.S Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Healthy drinks for hypothyroid
- Is human seman healthy to drink
- Packaged milk and juice r unhealthy or healthy
- Drink sperm become healthy
- Healthy alternatives to drinking alcohol
- Drinking milk after drinking water
- Drink water healthy ears
- Is silk milk healthy
- Is vaginal fluid healthy to drink
- Is nestle milk pack healthy
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...