Can Movantik be consumed by splitting the medication in half?
I asked this question a couple days ago, and your doctor thought it would be OK. No, in reading the literature, I'm confused and wanted a second opinion.I misspelled my follow-up question...I said "no" instead of "now." Thanks for being so patient!
You can slpit them in half dear patient.
Thanks for asking query on HealthcareMagicNaloxegol is a peripherally selective opioid antagonist Therapeutically usd for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation and pain in cancer.
Dear patient as per your history you are suffering from OIC(opiod induced constipation) and on the other hand you are taking Naloxegol which itself causes severe constipation.
So as per you query yes you can spill it into half no problems but if you are taking it for treating constipation.I am sorry but it would make things much more worse.Howerver if you ate taking it for pain then its ok you can split them in half.
Hope i was helpful.
Dear patient i think there is a typo mistake in my last line.
Its for opiod induced constipation.
One suggestion is try to take Miralax also 15 ml once daily along with it.It would potentiate the effect.
2tsf of fybogel would also help in forming bulk of stool.
In long term all three would help you a lot.
So sorry for typo in my last line though initially have written that its used to treat oic.
Most of the times splitting is not advised because split tablets may be affected by factors such as heat, humidity and/or moisture content.However of you take it immediately then no problems.
Sorry for typo in previous answer.
Please feel free to follow up.
Hope i was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medical treatment for straddle splits
- Medical allergex
- Split skin in the nails during cold winters medications
- Medicated and non medicated stents
- Medical reference splitting lantus dosing
- Drugs/medication for splitting pain
- Medication for microalbumin
- On thyroid medication finger nails are raw and split related
- Pristia medication
- What medication is suggested for accidentally consuming mosquit liquid
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses