Is dizziness a side effect of Secnidazole tablet?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Sat, 11 Feb 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Are ther any issues if we do not complete the course.. my husband is experiencing dizziness after taking secnidazole tablet.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer.....side effects like dizziness after taking SECNIDAZOLE are transient in nature
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
I will answer your querries one by one.
Side effects like gastric discomfort or dizziness after taking secindazole are transient in nature and go off in couple of days.
As far as completing a course of medicines ( specifically antibiotics ) is concerned,it is very important to complete the course because of two reasons.
1st...infection tends to re occur and becomes more difficult to treat.
2nd...remaining surviving bacteria tend to develop greater resistance to the antibiotic and this aspect is bad not only for the individual but for the general population also.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks