Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Last week, i did protected sex with sex worker in dubai, during sex, my condom sliiped off & she removed from her vargin. Then i used new condom. After 2 days of this incident, i fell burning on tip of my penis & still it is continue. So is there any chance of caching hiv?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV risk is negligible. Rule out STD by investigation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

You had protected exposure and the condom slipped. Your risk towards HIV/STD is negligible only. Burning sensation at the tip of penis is not a symptom for HIV. Moreover earliest manifestation of HIV can occur only after 4-6 weeks if there is any infection.

Burning sensation at the tip of penis might be a symptom for STD or due to some traumatic abrasion during sexual act or poor consummation of water or due to fear or phobia for STD/HIV.

A simple urinary examination will reveal the presence or absence of any infection. If the problem persist after consuming adequate water, consult your physician and have examination and investigations to rule out STD.

Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 11 minutes later
Thanks a lot sir for your reply.
This incident happened 9 days before & still i am feeling burning on my penis. To overcome from continous thinking of fear of HIV & anxiety, i am drinking alcohol also too much. So there is no much physical look change of my penis but the burning is continous. So really i am afraid about HIV because she was from china & i don't know hiv status of her. I asked her about hiv & she said i am clean & i don't have any medical problem. But i think she is proffesional so may be she is not true speaking.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms notrelated to HIV.Follow physician advice

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Don't bother about HIV.Your symptoms are not related to HIV. Consuming alcohol sometimes worsens the burning sensation. Don't do that. Consult a physician and get examine and follow his advice. There will not be anything serious and there is no meaning in getting upset or getting worried.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 31 minutes later
Thanks a lot Sir,
But i can't sleep because of anxiety. So is there any home treatment, that i can overcome this anxiety?
I am really worried about my wife & kids. I am feelinf very shame on myself.
I am worried because of burning sasation on my tip of penis.
Thanks for your reply

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consulting physician will relieve your tension.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.

When you meet your physician, he will treat your burning sensation of penis as well as your anxiety and sleeplessness.
Home remedy is to divert yourself by seeing films, comedy shows, hearing musics and chat with kids. Drink plenty of water. Think of the positive things. You were not having a total unprotected sex. The symptom is earlier for a HIV manifestation.
You have burning sensation over tip of penis but there is no purulent discharge as a symptom for urethritis.
Only your physician can relieve totally from all your tension.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 8 minutes later
Thanks a lot sir,
I am really happy after reading your view. I hope you will guide m when & when i require.
I hope i am free of any danger diseases which can disturb my family life. I will try to come out from this anxiety.
Thanks a lot Sir

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will be alright soon.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX

Welcome back. I am happy to see your positive reply. I hope that you will be ascertained HIV/STD free after examination and investigations. Your wife and children would be safe. If you have any query, feel free to ask me.
Till then Good bye.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 15 hours later
Dear Sir
Still burning is continue. And that me causing more worry about infection. And here in Dubai to visit a doctor is difficult. Because i am afraid if he will ask me for HIV test. Really i am sleepless. Everyday i wack up 3 am & continuous thinking of fear of HIV. Because i am thinking that, while pulling my penis may be touched to her virgin. So really i am in tense. Just give some relief to me for my peace of mind. Today i will buy ciprofloxacin for may be suspected UTI infection. Sir, really i am in panic & just tell me what are probability of HIV infection to me. Yesterday, i talked her on phone about her visa renewal & she told me that still i am waiting for sponsored call. So really i am in tense. You can understand my situatiotion. I am feeling shame on me & thinking of what will happen to my family.
Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV risk is negligible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.
I can understand your feelings. But the situation is not that bad. Just by touching of penis to her vagina did not increase the risk for HIV. Whatever consolation I extended to you that does not going to make any difference in your mental agony,till you get a HIV negative result. If you have more disturbance, you have to seek the help of a Psychiatrist.
Regarding taking Tablet Ciprofloxacin, if at all, you have to take in the dose of 500 mg. twice daily for not less than a week duration. But it is always advisable to have a medical supervision before any treatment to be taken.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 9 hours later
Dear Sir
Yesterday i took 500mg Ciprofloxacin (1 time) & now today from morning i am feeling itching & also the tip little bit red. You remember before i was feeling burning & now it's different scenario.So what you think about this symptoms? Because this changing condition make me more worsen. So is there any relation of this symptoms with medicine?
Actually i have long live starting from 24th July upto 5th sept, but i am affraid to go XXXXXXX as my family is already in XXXXXXX
Sir, waiting for your reply.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Drug reaction is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
First of all, take medicines or any treatment under supervision of a physician.
Possibility of drug reaction is not uncommon with Ciprofloxacin. It has no relation to HIV.
Consult the physician.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 26 hours later
Thanks for reply sir
As you know sir, before there was burning & no redness.But not the top of penis is iching & redness. And i experienced from last 3 days from where i started ciprofloxacin. Becuase the incident happened it was 11 days before & still now facing iching & redness & sometime lookd top of penis swallow & some time looks normal.Really i am afraid that's why i am distubing you. But i am outisde XXXXXXX & so i can't go to dodctor here. Hopefully next week i will be in XXXXXXX But i am really in panic because of thinking continously about hiv. Also i am thinking is that if she having any other STD means having her HIV ALSO?
Because when condom slipped off i only realised when i show my penis without condom. I am really in panic. And really feeling shame that why i did this. What will happen to my wife & kids, this make me sleepless.
Waiting for your reply Sir

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Balano-posthitis possibility.Not related to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Redness and itching, swollen appearance indicates, that there may be an inflammation of glans penis and foreskin (balano-posthitis). Yeast infection might ba reason for the same. Once again it might not be related to HIV. You need not worry about HIV as the risk is negligible. Any dermatologist will be able to cure your problem. If it is not possible there, you can have your treatment after you have arrived in XXXXXXX Nothing serious.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 2 hours later
Thanks a lot sir
Really you moved my mine in positive way.
I wants to love my family & it helps from your opinion.
Sir really i wants to talk with you if you give me your phone no.
With rgards
XXXX

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wish you the best of your life.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.
I am very happy to notice that you gain confidence and have a positive attitude.
Keep it up. You will be happy always. Nothing to worry as your risk towards HIV is remote.
My Phone number is available in healthcare website itself.
You are welcome.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 37 hours later
Hello Sir
I didn't got your phone from website.
My penis having no skin & it was cut 20 years back so my top of penis is open.
1/4 portion of my penis looks little red & burning & if i touch with finger that portion, it will giving pain for me. But other areas when i touched it looks normal means no paining. So again i am afraiding because you know the incident was 13 days back.But now from urethra no burning. But skin is burning & red But not whole portion
So really i am afraid only thinking of HIV. Some time i can convince my mind that this is not sign of HIV But after some time again & again coming back for fear of HIV.
So if you sir can give me your phone no. the i will talk with you. And if possible, i can send picture also so you can diagnose it.
Thanks a lot & waiting for you reply.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Burning skin not related to HIV

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

I may not be able to solve your problem over phone. When you happened to be in XXXXXXX you can meet me in person, if possible. You are welcome and get your doubts cleared. Burning skin of the remains after circumcision may be due to some irritation or infection other than HIV. It is not a symptom for HIV. If you consult your physician, he will solve your problem.
Get well soon.
Dr s XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 22 minutes later
Thanks sir

Brief Answer:
Most welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. If there is no more question you close this conversation at present.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is burning on penis tip symptom of HIV? 2 days later
Dear sir
yesterday I arrived in XXXXXXX & I directly went to lab. I given blood & test came back negative. He did test on 4th generation duo test. The lab is well known in my city & after result I met Dr also & he told that even after 15 days this results are accurate. He said I have latest machine & told that no worry & no need test again. So can you give your opinion?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
hiv1 & 2 can be ruled oUt HIV 1&2

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

4th generation Duo test my be accurate and able to detect HIV 1 antigen at the 15th day of high risk activity. But can be considered more conclusive after 4 weeks. That too for HIV 1 which is the commonest (99%). A rare possibility of HIV 2 can be ruled out only with the antibody test after 12 weeks (after window period). This is for your information.
Dr S.Murugan.

Dear sir
that means I have again go for test?
Whats yr opinion? Also same day consult dermatologist for red & burning on penis head & immediately after physical examination he told me that this is reaction of medicine. He asked me about any medicine took beforeb& I told him yes. Then he given me 2 ointment (ELIDEL & Cormuzik). Also tablets Laveta M & ZIFI 200.
SO is it ok sir?
Because I am relax but now again in tention because of window period.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment for drug reaction is correct.

Detailed Answer:

Redness and burning over penis can occur due to drug reaction. The treatment given by your Dermatologist is absolutely ok.

Regarding your test, your HIV risk is almost negligible. So your test will come nonreactive. Don't get upset. It is just for to rule out HIV totally and to get relaxed for ever.

All the best.
Dr S.Murugan