Is a thin bowel movement a cause for concern?
this is fine
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic
Colonoscopy is generally done every 8 to 10 years unless there is a family history or another reason for an earlier test.
This is because this type of cancer can take a long time to occur. The initial lesion that can occur, the polyp, can take years to become cancerous.
If your test was clear 3 years ago, then you should still okay in terms of colon cancer so this is not a concern unless you have alarm symptoms such as blood in the stool, weight loss, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, mass in the abdomen.
The change in the nature of the stool (the fact that it is thin), if fine and is not indicative of any problems.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Twisted bowel cause frequent bowel movements
- Causes of loose bowel movements
- Smelly bowel movements causes
- Pencil thin bowel movements
- Causes of irregular bowel movement
- Causes of explosive bowel movements
- Causes of pasty bowel movements
- Cause of white bowel movements
- Causes of yellow bowel movements
- Cause of sticky bowel movements