Is a second tetanus shot required for a dog-bite from two years ago?

Question
I received a dog bite on my hand from our dog that we know is up to date on her immunization shots. I also had a tetanus shot in September of 2016. Do I need to go get another booster tetanus shot.?

Let me know, Thank you Sincerely Rod Duddy

YYYY@YYYY 559-360-9156
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but there is no need to take tetanus shot again as it's protective action lasts for ten years after which you will need to take a booster dose..
Also I you are certain that the dog was vaccinated aganist rabies then there will be no need for you to take anti rabies vaccine.. I hope I answered your question